RSS Feed (xml)

September 03, 2007

Trip to Kopan (September 2007)

It was a surprise visit to Nepal especially to my beloved guru Khenrinpoche, Tenzin Phuntsok Rinpoche and many of my other respected teachers such as Geshe Keychog who’s over 90 yrs old and is one of the most senior geshe in Kopan Monastery, my family members, dharma brothers and sisters. It’s was a very tight schedule but I managed to spend some time with everyone.

I also had a surprise companion in the flight with my dharma brother William, Candy and her mother. The flight was full of fun and at arrival we had tea at Hyatt Kathmandu. Due to their merits I also got the opportunity to visit many holy places from my busy schedule and it was a day before their departure to Malaysia when the film director Nati and the photographer Uri, both from Israel arrived in Kopan. That night we all had a wonderful dinner and wonderful chat shared by everyone about their encounters in Buddha dharma.

Nati,Uri and I left for Pokara the next day after William and Candy left for home. We could not get a direct flight from Kathmandu and in Pokara we were delayed for two days because of the heavy rain. However when we arrived in Tsum, we were greeted with bright sunny day which allowed us to have wonderful view of the mountains, rivers and waterfalls. So that made it a fantastic day to land in Tsum in front of Rachen Nunnery. Our tight schedule in filming started that day where we went to Tibet up to Tsolong Kyok (a holy lake). The lake which is located 4,500 meters above sea level posses great challenge for me and the film crew, a total of 15 of us together with many horses. We had to cross the river, high mountains and cliffs. It was dangerous but exciting and we were surrounded by beautiful mountain sceneries. It was great tracking and exploration of a very remote untouched mountain. When we returned some of us fell from the horse including myself. I got thrown from the horse and my hands got scratched. Our manager in Tsum Tenzin Lhundup fell down from the cliff together with the horse. It was a miracle and with the blessing of the Buddhas and the power of the pujas that was performed before the journey, both the horse and Tenzin Lhundup was safe without even a scratch on them. Then on the 15th I returned to Kopan where we continued our filming till 11 am on the September 17th. the day I had to rush to the airport and return to LDC, Kuala Lumpur and to receive the arrival of Khenrinpoche the following day.