Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

January 26, 2008

My One Year With LDC Malaysia ...

I officially came to LDC Malaysia during the 2007 Chinese New Year as their resident teacher. It has been a very successful and fulfilling year for me filled with much joy and satisfaction. I have many responsibilities which include teaching dharma, giving consultations, general advice and visiting those who need my attention especially those who are in pain and dying. I participate in prayers in time of my dharma brothers and sisters from the center’s needs, everybody is very happy and comfortable with my presence. This is one encouragement that I get that makes me enjoy my stay in Malaysia. The direct and indirect support extended to me by many people to fulfill my purpose of stay here in Malaysia which is to fulfill His Holiness Dalai Lama’s, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s and Khenrinpoche’s wishes and to do accordingly with my late great master Geshela Lama Konchog’s holy wishes is very fulfilling. So every single moment I feel life is very meaningful because whatever I do in my day to day life during my stay here, I try my best to fulfill in accordance with my gurus wishes. However, I may still offend people and create misunderstanding though my body and speech which is totally due to my own habit. Nevertheless, I am confident that there are blessings from the gurus on whatever actions I perform. My stay in LDC, Malaysia is very comfortable and I like their food and also able to adapt to their weather. My health last year was also very good!


During my recent year end visit to Kopan, I tendered my resignation when I met Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche informing him that I was already in LDC Malaysia for a year and all have been progressing well. With respect to the students and members of LDC Malaysia and also in accordance to the great wishes of Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche, I reiterated that everybody in Malaysia including me are all very happy with the progress. I have done to my best ability to develop the centre from the spiritual point and this is definitely not possible without the full support from the center committees, students, members and friends. It is also my wish to further grow the center along Rinpoche’s long term plan for Malaysia in accordance to Tibetan Buddhism, Lama Tsongkhapa’s tradition and also to follow strictly the advice of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. I think it is necessary for LDC to have a very qualified, highly realized and experience with good public relation skills, great wisdom, great compassion and knowledgeable resident teacher to lead. Hence, I offered my place to someone better who has these attributes which can benefit the center more.

Rinpoche was quite shocked to hear what I have said and Rinpoche expressed his happiness, blessing and asked me to re consider my request. He knows that everything went well and is extremely pleased with the great progress and benefits gained during my presence and commented that I am still the most suitable candidate for this position, requesting me to go back and continue my services in LDC Malaysia. I am honored and proud of myself that I have the full support from Rinpoche, all the members and students as well. At the same time, I also received similar comment and blessings from Khenrinpoche on the same matter.

So, my return to LDC Malaysia for the second year of stay will be filled with more hope of progress to Buddhadharma practices especially into every individual’s mental continuum, subduing their wild mind, deconstruct negativities, emotional problems, perpetuate virtuous actions, ultimately leading them to be perfect human being. That also includes leading a life most meaningful and harmonious among all the dharma brothers and sisters, all religion and all beings.

I am very happy to be back and I will do my very best to fulfill the wishes of my gurus and serve the members, students and friends. We also pray for the best, do the best in our ability, be happy every single moment, be contented with what you already have, be proud of who you are, enjoy whatever lifestyle you live. In short be happy and don’t worry!